Dunluce Castle Audience Development Plan
Dunluce Castle in Northern Ireland presents one of the most jaw-dropping and iconic sights on the much-lauded Causeway Coastal Route. Plans are afoot to develop the visitor experience at this heritage site and Oli’s skills and expertise were harnessed to develop an audience development strategy and action plan.
We carried out extensive consultation with key stakeholders and tourism leaders, education advisors, heritage experts and industry buyers to identify barriers to access, market attractors and visitor experience development needs.
As a Heritage Lottery Funded project, our in-depth knowledge of the ethos, ambitions and objectives of the Heritage Lottery Fund, was invaluable and enabled us to hit the ground running, and produce a clear, actionable and thoroughly robust strategy and action plan.
We produced a report that provided detailed recommendations for audience development, marketing activity, overcoming barriers to access, engaging with communities, disengaged groups and education groups, right through to the advising on the interpretation content and delivery.
Our work is key to helping this Medieval Irish Castle maximise on its full tourism potential, by developing a high quality visitor expertise and promoting this to the full.
Key outputs from the project include:
- Audience development strategy and action plan
- Recommendations for overcoming barriers to access and engaging with a wide range of audiences
- Heritage Lottery Fund application supporting documentation
- Alignment to Heritage Lottery Fund ethos and objectives
- Marketing strategy and action plan
- Identification of good practice and benchmarking
- Recommendations for interpretation development, content and branding
- Recommendations for new digital visitor technology
Follow Oli on Twitter to find out the latest on this exciting and evolving project, and to enjoy and share great pictures of Dunluce Castle.